Bunnies. Eggs. Candies. You know it! It’s that time of the year again!
Let’s take a break from all the social media posts. Instead, let us give you these fun Easter Facts and a few activities you might want to do in the office.
Easter Fun Facts
- Easter is the second candy-consuming holiday. Halloween is first, of course!
- 76% of people eat the bunny candy’s ear first.
- Almost 900 million candies – chocolate bunnies, eggs, and Peeps – are produced each year in the United States.
- Painting of Easter eggs originated in Ukraine. This practice is called pysanka which uses dye and wax to color the eggs.
- The Easter egg symbolizes celebration, joy, and new life.
- Aside from eggs, Easter is also symbolized by white lilies as it also reflects resurrection.
- Chocolate egg originated in Europe in the 19th century. Before that, people exchange painted eggs or hollow cardboard eggs.
- Did you know that pretzels are associated with Easter, too? A German created the pretzel’s shape to symbolize praying hands. (Go figure it out!)
Fun Easter Office Activities
- Easter Decorations. Set the mood in your office by putting up Easter decorations. Cut out egg-shaped papers in pastel colors and have them painted with watercolor. You can also create a paper mache forming eggs and paint them.
- Easter Egg Hunt. Don’t e such a killjoy. Join the tradition and have an egg hunt in the office. Hide some colored eggs and give prizes to those who can find them. You can hide one in the boss’ office and see who’s brave enough to search the place!
- Easter Fun Games. Allot an hour or less for some fun games. Look for Easter-themed ones like the Easter Egg Roll or Easter Bunny Relay. After all, all work and no play makes one a dumb, right?
- Easter Get-Together. If your company is not too big, maybe a little get-together with everyone’s family is a good idea. Don’t think of spending too much. Let each one bring some food they can contribute and share with everyone. You can even have games for kids! Let this be a great time to get to know each other’s families more. This can also help build a stronger bond and sense of community among your co-workers.
- Easter Giveaway Baskets. And when it’s finally time to say goodbye, part ways with some giveaway baskets. This could include baked goodies and some candies for the kids. At the end of the day, everyone goes home happy and not empty-handed.